Tonight’s my first night camping, and there’s a few things I now realize it might have been smart to bring with me:
– Any sort of eating utensil (though a nice group in an RV was kind enough to spot me a spoon)
– Trail mix that doesn’t have loose chocolate and peanut butter chips that melt into soup in the 100 degree heat (I’m now eating it with the aforementioned spoon).
– Bug spray (I somehow managed to bring calamine lotion to treat bug bites, but nothing to actually prevent them).
– A pillow (got one for five bucks at Target in Vegas).
and my personal favorite:
– A sleeping bag (eh, I’ve got a tarp I can just use as a blanket, and it’s hot anyway).
I suppose this is what I get for planning this trip in the most half-assed fashion possible. At this point, I’m almost surprised I managed to bring a tent.
On the plus side, Zion National Park is beautiful, and I’m going to the north rim of the Grand Canyon tomorrow. So I suppose it all evens out.