Tonight’s episode: Poseidon. The questions I’ve come up with, ten minutes into the movie:
– Who on earth watched the original Poseidon Adventure and decided “What this hysterically over-the-top movie needs is a completely straightfaced, effects-heavy remake!”?
– Is Jacinda Barrett trying to pull off an American accent? Or some sort of weird nondescript Greater British Empire accent? Because if it’s the former, she fails miserably.
– Sweet God above, who decided to murder the ears of the audience by having Fergie of the Black-Eyed Peas try to be a torch singer?
– When did Richard Dreyfuss start looking really, really old?
– How much did they cut out of this movie? I knew a guy who worked on this and it shot for eight months, and it barely surpasses 90 minutes.
Anyway, back to watching Wolfgang Peterson blow over $1 million per minute of finished product.