This whole WordPress bit is largely up and running now, so I’m going to start posting over here.
A few minor housekeeping bits:
- Here are links to the Main RSS Feed and the Comments RSS Feed. You’ll see a few comments from my brief (failed) attempt at using Blogger comments, but I’m still trying to figure out if/how I can import all my Haloscan comments.
- I am leaving the old version of blog up, if only for the simplicity of not having to go through and change all the damn URLs in the old permalinks.
- If there’s anything you particularly hate about this design, let me know, and I’ll see what I can work on. I’m going to futz with the size in the posts a bit since I spend too much time staring at a computer and am therefore starting to go a bit blind, so the font’s a wee bit smaller than I’d like.
- I’ve gotten about halfway through the draining task of updating the times on all my posts, but that shit’s going to take a while. The whole index page is fixed up, as is the April ’02-Oct ’04, but the rest will probably take me longer as I’m going to be traveling (more to come on that).
- One fun thing to come from having to correct the time on all my archives is going through and glancing at all my old posts and remembering things I’d forgotten. Like Chaplin is a year older than I remembered he was. I’d apparently been misremembering that he was between 1-2 when I got him, but this post from the day he came home says 2-3. Oops!
Anyway, that’s about the long and short of it for now, more details on my upcoming travels to come either later tonight or tomorrow morning.